Healthy Ageing is about opening up new opportunities
About this Event
The UKRI Healthy Ageing Challenge is investing £98m to enable businesses, including social enterprises, to develop and deliver products, services, and business models that will be adopted at scale which support people as they age. This will allow people to remain active, productive, independent, and socially connected across generations for as long as possible.
The three main strands of investment include
- Trailblazers – supports the scale-up of innovative services and products.
- Investor Partnerships – catalyses private investment in business-led R&D.
- Research – supports social, behavioral, and design science.
Eager to find out more? join us on the 20th of April to hear about the work of the Healthy Ageing Challenge and about current and future funding opportunities. In addition to an overview of the key awards, themes, and successes of the Challenge, there will also be a discussion with our investor partners, and an Open Pitch round.
1:30 Welcome and overview – Dr Helen Crampin, Innovate UK & Dr Phil Carvil, UKRI-STFC
1:35 Introduction to the Healthy Ageing Grand Challenge – George MacGinnis, Innovate UK
1:45 A word from the Grand Challenge investor Partners – Dr Helen Crampin, Innovation & Technology lead, Innovate UK
- Legal & General – Jessica MacCraedie, Investment Director
- North Star – Alex Buchan, Investment Director
- AWRC – Simon Butler, Head
- TBA X2
2:30 Open Session – We hear from a number of registered spotlight talks across the community on latest developments and considerations to support the Healthy ageing agenda
Chaired: Dr Phil Carvil
- Starting with: Robert Elsom, Development Director, Bruntwood
- Further pitches will be notified in advance
3:30 Panel – Designing for Ageing & What Next – Tina Woods, CEO & Founder Collider Health
- Active Lancashire – Adrian Leather, CEO
- Design Age Accelerator – Jon Mathers, Co-founder
- Manchester Foundation Trust – Stephen Gardner, Director
- UK Spine – Dr Beverley Vaughan, Programme Director
- Zinc – Ellie Ford, Academy Director
4:30 Closing address
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact (Philip.Carvil@stfc.ac.uk)